grab some toilet paper...

Monday, May 14, 2007

Ice cold

"Okay Joel, lets do this. You can't chicken out in front of her and you certainly want to get your money's worth". So there I go stepping out on the cold. She smiled, obviously enjoying herself. I forced a smile to tell her I'm alright. It wasn't alright. I knew if I let go I'll end up sore at my rear.
.
I clung to the walls the whole time, slowly working out the works of it. My feet were stucked to the the ground, the boots were heavy and my ankles felt numb. Small fries were whizzing past me like penguins. Wait. Penguins don't whiz. She held my hand and gave me tips. The tips didn't worked but her hand encouraged me. She said I wasn't adventurous. Damn right. That's why I need you to make my life interesting like this.
.
I gave up after a few laps and let my feet dry. I watched her the whole time and looked away each time she drew near. She looked so beautiful. An overly concerned mom was nearby watching her daughter run throught her practice. Why do mothers expect so much from their daughters sometimes? She motioned for me to check if its time to go. I waved her on to continue. It was easier to just stare at her than think about homework the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home