grab some toilet paper...

Friday, June 23, 2006

Mak Cik oh Mak Cik

Okay, so I went to the gym. Very surprising for me huh? Well yeah, I'm definitely not a fitness buff. Anyway, I have been going regularly, tagging along with the two fatties who's trying to lose weight in my house i.e. Josh and Papa (don't tell them I said that!), because I'm just so bored now that I've finished exams. I set a goal for myself which is to improve my stamina during the holidays and so I've been doing the treadmills a lot, more than weight training. The gym, mind you, is not a place for chicks and chucks anymore. Recently, if you have noticed in the suburbs, old people are getting more health-conscious and I mean more. With so many life-threatening diseases nowadays (threatening mostly to old people), I'd be afraid too.
-
Anyway, I went to the gym yesterday and there was this mak cik walking ferociously on the treadmill. Seriously, the correct word would be "ferocious". The whole treadmill looks like it was going to fall apart! I suddenly felt challenged so I stepped on the treadmill beside hers, peeped over the mak cik's speed level, key in the same speed level and ran. Big mistake. I forgot to warm up and soon Mr Joel Yim lost to the mak cik. I paused, stretched my legs and had a go at the mak cik again. Mak Cik finally realised something was going on with the young kid beside her. What did the mak cik do? Mak cik increase the speed level man! You have to give credit to her. It takes something to run with a backside that big. Anyway, I lost to the mak cik again but hey, I only started going to the gym this week. In true Terminator style, I'll be back!
-
I wonder how many of you have watched the latest Gatsby commercial on tv, promoting their new deodorant spray. The previous one featuring the kiddie song "If you're happy and you know it" was already bad enough. The one Ryan did at Youth Camp last year was worst (haha, sorry Ryan). Anyway Gatsby decided to follow the kiddie song theme again. I'm telling you, Gatsby has a knack for gay commercials man. This new one has got to be one of the worst I've seen in my life so far. I almost puked the moment I saw it. For those of you wondering, it showed a rather well-built man dressed in a very ridiculous outfit (I think its a mascot's outfit minus the top) doing a kiddie dance in rhytm with a kiddie song along with two other mascots beside him. I bet you'll be amused with a scene showing him spraying deodorant on his armpit. His expression was way hilarious and way gay. However, though it may be kiddie/gay/plain stupid, it still got my attention and as a marketing student, I'm sure Gatsby did manage to fulfill an important part of its goal - to capture the customer's attention wholely. It sure captured mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger nat said...

haha! poor u.

Friday, June 23, 2006 11:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home