grab some toilet paper...

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Princess and I

Last Sunday I went to the Miss Sunway Princess beauty pageant held in Sunway Pyramid. For your info, I wasn't there to check out chicks okay. I was merely there to hang out with my pet sis and also to support her colleague who is handling the event. Yup, for real man. Last week was the talent round of the competition where the contestants had to showcase their talent. I can't remember much now but I remembered that the first one did a dance with a rather suggestive top. Sis said she was the biggest among the rest and I thought she was actually pretty slim already. Second one came out looking ridiculous dressing like an old aunty. You know that screaming landlady from Kungfu Hustle? Exactly like that. Just when I was beginning to feel embarrased for her, she did a quick backstage change and came out a belly dancer. Not bad! What a way to capture the judges' attention. The rest did pretty much the same thing - dance. Chinese fan dance, ribbon dance, hindu dance, yo-yo dance; you name it. Some chose to sang. My gosh, I felt like Simon Cowell for a second. Just when I was getting bored then came this contestant. Slim, pretty; well actually all of them are slim and pretty. She, like most of the rest, was dressed in a samfu top and did a ribbon dance. "Oh bother, another Chinese dance". And then all the sudden, a guy came out and grab her and they began doing this ballroom type of dance...I don't know what it was (tango? wango?). She did flips, turns, twists...it was fantastic! Her performance definitely stood out among the rest. To no surprise, she won.
-
Sis asked if I wanted to take pictures with the contestants after the prize-giving and all that. I said I'll only take a shot with the winner. I don't want to look like some girl-crazy kinda dude. Besides, the winner was the one who caught my attention. When sis dragged me to the backstage/changing room (hehe), she was already standing there at the doorway. Then I let sis do all the talking because my mouth suddenly felt dry. Damn, I was so shy. I managed to pluck up some courage to shake her hand and muttered something that sounded like "congrats". She smiled back politely and then posed for the camera. I couldn't believe it but I was shaking. Yes, shaking! And I was blushing terribly too. Even my pimple was blushing! I couldn't even said goodbye or thank you properly. Beauty queens just have this 'presence' around them you know. I guess I was infatuated for a second there. Miss Sunway Princess final round? I'll be there!

I look like crap I know. Hey, I was nervous. Judging from this picture she looks like she's smiling nervously. Maybe she was shaking too =p

7 Comments:

Blogger ryan said...

aww man..

the grey sgirt dude spoiled the picture man.. =P

kiddin la hahaha..

Monday, February 12, 2007 7:10:00 PM  
Blogger The Loos said...

You should see Jo. He was literally sweating and shaking all the way. Ducking here and there to avoid taking the photo until he was cornered.

Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,

It's Amy here. Thanks for all the compliments...=) Actually, I'm just some normal girl too..So, don't have to get all intimidated yeah? Cheers!!

p.s: Thanks for supporting Miss Sunway Princess!

Sunday, February 25, 2007 1:43:00 AM  
Blogger joel said...

hey...hoey theen is really exaggerating lah!

hey amy. my sis must have told u bout my blog. i'm terribly sorry but i missed the final round. would have taken another photo with u. =p anyway i still think u're the rightful winner of miss sunway princess. continue to be the princess that u are. =)

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helloo...Nah..I found your blog from Googling..=D Anyway, thank you so much for supporting me. Really appreciate it.=) You truly are my happy star...; )

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helloo...Nah..I found your blog from Googling..=D Anyway, thank you so much for supporting me. Really appreciate it.=) You truly are my happy star...; )

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:05:00 PM  
Blogger joel said...

yeah...i'm happy and i'm a star in my own right. =)

Monday, March 05, 2007 5:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home